The Recipe for Mary’s Perfect Polynesian Party:
- The Client: Regan come to us with a 3-page timeline he’d created on his own. He planned the entire event… right down to the “clink” of the toasts! Even after all that work, he still graciously invited us to jump in, take the lead and run with the 40th Birthday Surprise party for his wife and best friend, Mary. Man, is she loved.
- The Theme: Polynesian Luau. Light-hearted yet classic take on a festive luau.
- The Comfort-Factor: Instead of one big lounge, we designed several micro-lounges (to allow for safe social distancing) for friends to hang out, catch up and cheers to life… it’s been a while since they’ve seen each other!
- The Color Palette: Bright corals mixed with oranges and persimmons… lots from the coral family! Gold pineapple accents. All the magic colors for a luau.
- The Aisle of Mary: We designed a mix of pictures of her as a kid + growing up with lanterns, candle light and fresh greenery and floral accents. When she arrived for what she thought was just dinner with her husband, Mary saw the pictures of her as a child and thought that was the surprise. Little did she know… around the corner was a tent filled with her closest friends waiting to wish her a Happy 40th!
- The Icing on the Cake: Mary’s favorite cake on the planet is from Target. So naturally, we got her the Target-est target cake of all Target cakes: white + white frosting and sprinkles. TARGET, y’all!
- The Venue: Carriage House Gardens. If you haven’t been there, you need to go. It is simply stunning and was the perfect spot to celebrate Mary.
Event Design + Coordination : Merry Me Events
Fresh Floral : Merry Me Events
Specialty Rentals + Atmospheres : Merry Me Events
PaperThread : Merry Me Events Papery Division
Tent/Tables/Chairs : AAYS
Specialty Lighting : ProShow
Venue : Carriage House
Band : Jerry O’Fonics Band
Photography: Ashley Joines Photography